Today, I want to share a little something which has made my life better and fresh full everyday. The easy Greek Pasta Salad!
Salad which is always good for health we know that, but this easy greek pasta salad dressing, not only healthy also, it is gluten-free, grain free, an easy lunch to pack, egg free, weeknight meal, or as a summer side dish. This awesome delicious salad packed with protein and even Mediterranean-inspired flavors. This fabulous greek pasta salad recipe made with lots of fresh vegetable and healthy ingredients.
|Greek Pasta Salad
(Image : erinliveswhole)
The main part is that this quick, healthy greek pasta salad recipe tosses with fresh vegetables and chickpeas for added protein. That easy greek salad recipe is best for any meal or dinner side dish like BBQ chicken, jeera rice, Mexican Grilled Corn Avocado Toast with this salad for as a morning breakfast, shrimp roasted recipes like you can eat that salad with salt roasted shrimp recipe or mix with White Wine Garlic Baked Shrimp.
More other tasty recipe!
You can organize a party with greek salad recipe with pasta and other veggies.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup of Farfalle pasta or Tri-color pasta Rotini or uncooked lentil pasta or chickpea pasta
- 2 tablespoon dill, finely chopped(optional)
- ¾ cup of fresh baby spinach(optional)
- 1 large fresh cucumber
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes (chopped tomatoes will work in a pinch!)
- 2 cups (about 8 leaves) romaine lettuce, chopped
- ¾ cups fresh parsley
- ¼ cup kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon good quality olive oil
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 container feta (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2-4 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoon red wine vinegar (optional)
- 2 teaspoon sugar (a drizzle of honey can work, too)
- salt and pepper as per taste
- 1 cup tzatziki sauce
- Take a large pot fill with salt and water, wait for boil. Prepare pasta according to package instructions, cook it until the pasta will be soft and boiled properly. Separate from the water and quickly rinse it under cold water until cool, about 1 minute. This helps to cool quickly and keep its firmness and let cool. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the chopped cucumber, cherry tomatoes; roughly chop romaine lettuce, finely chopped parsley, sliced olives in half, and chopped red onion.
- In another bowl, add garlic, olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, sugar or honey, pepper. And mix all together, no lumps in there.
- Also add tzatziki sauce and whisk the mixture. Taste it and add seasoning if needed.
- Take a mixing bowl, place pasta, add all vegetables (cucumber, cherry tomatoes; romaine lettuce, parsley, sliced olives in half, and red onions) and Dressing the pasta on top and toss these together.
Greek Pasta Salad Dressing
(Image : realfood.tesco)
- Add some chilli if needed, add feta if needed.
- The best easy greek pasta salad is ready to serve.
You can serve immediately or before serving keep it in refrigerator for 1 hour.
Pasta salad will keep, covered and stored in the fridge, for 3-5 days.
How long will pasta salad last?
If you are enough salad to have leftovers, store it in an airtight container, and keep this salad in the fridge, for up to 3 days. This creamy greek pasta salad is okay to be held in a cool environment for about 2 hours, however, because of the deliciously creamy nature of tzatziki, it should not be left in extremely warm conditions for long periods of time. And the best way, you should always be kept in the refrigerator when not served.
If you want to get the most out of this pasta salad, try adding more ingredients like-
If you choose to use wheat pasta, then I suggest adding a larger protein punch to balance your plate. Here are some ideas:
For leftovers, grilled or roasted or baked shrimp like Roasted Grape Tomatoes, Asparagus and Shrimp over Pasta Recipe, Spicy Baked Shrimp Recipe etc, fish like Honey Lemon-Glazed Salmon Salad etc, cilantro lime salmon, lemon garlic salmon, Chilled Lemon-Dill Cucumber Noodles etc, and chicken recipes like chilli chicken, Dill Pickle Chicken, BBQ Honey baked chicken, chicken drumstick KFC style etc or easy Greek chicken pasta salad also a good delicious recipe.
(Image : therecipecritic)
Canned beans or chickpeas also a good idea. Even Greek Broccoli Pasta Salad combines tender fusilli pasta with fresh vegetables and a tangy herb dressing.
Cheese contains some protein to enhance the overall nutritional value of these foods. Greek feta is perfect for the recipe. you can try also greek pasta salad orzo which very healthy meal or as a snacks.
Dill is a best herb, use for that easy Greek pasta salad recipe or if you’re not a fan you can omit it. You can add more herbs, parsley and fresh oregano if you like.