Veg Biryani is a traditional dish that makes it so easy and healthy, prepared for occasionally or festivals or holidays. With long fresh rice, some spices, some veggies make a delicious wholesome meal for lunch or dinner!
Hello guys! Today I cook some different kind of Indian dish which is famous all over.
Last time I make honey garlic butter baked salmon recipe at my home, so delicious and so tasty with rice. If you guys don’t see that recipe or don’t know how to make that recipe, go and check it out. But today I make the dish with lots of vegetables.
The Best Veg Biryani Recipe – is a delicious and tasty juicy vegetable, spices, ghee, saffron, and flavored basmati rice that no one can stop eating. The best part is that you can easily make great restaurant-style vegetable biryani at home. Here is how to make Vegetable Biryani at Home.
This easy veg biryani is best and good for vegetarians. It’s loaded with veggies like; tomato, corn, beans, bell pepper, peas, carrots. Paneer you can add in that recipe. This vegetable easy dum biryani is a vegan recipe too, if you want you can omit cashew and raisins.
Suggested Recipe Wanna Try!
- Lemon Pepper Asparagus
- 8 Easy & Quick Dinner Side Dish Shrimp Recipes Ideas
- Creamy Chicken Burger
- Banana Chocolate Chips Muffins
- Chilli Chicken
- How to Roast Shrimp Make
How to make Vegetable Biryani at Home Step by step with Images
Cook the basmati long rice for Veg biryani
⇒ 1st you wash the rice and soak it for half an hour.
⇒ To cook the long rice, pour water in a deep pan or handi.
⇒ Add clove, cinnamons, green cardamoms, bay leaf for flavor while water comes to boil.
⇒ Now add oil, salt to taste and bring to a boil.
⇒ The long grain basmati soaked and drained rice add in the water. Cook it for 10 minutes, sometimes with a scoop shake off the rice so that it gives a fine texture and the rice is fluffier and not sticky.
⇒ When the rice is 80% done, remove it from the oven and drain it and keep aside. Remember you will be not fully cooked the rice.
Vegetable Gravy for Vegetable Biryani Recipe
⇒ Gather all the ingredients of vegetable gravy.
⇒ This gravy part is the main portion of this easy vegetable biryani. Heat a pan or a kadhai with some soil and ghee. (I use ghee and oil together, you can use whatever you want)
⇒ When oil or ghee is hot, add cumin seeds, bay leaves, cinnamon, cardamom and stir well.
⇒ Once the cumin seeds make crackle add chopped onions, mix it for 1-2 minutes on a medium flame.
⇒ Add ginger-garlic paste, add green chili, and mix together.
⇒ Add salt as per taste.
⇒ Now chopped tomatoes add in it and mix gently.
⇒ Then add turmeric powder, this is used not only for color, it’s used mainly in India which is good for health benefits.
⇒ Now add coriander powder, it makes flavor and aroma, add cumin powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder for spice.
⇒ Here now add finely chopped carrot, bell papers, beans, peas, and corn. Combine these very well for 1 minute.
⇒ Add water to boil those veggies for 15-20 minutes.
⇒ Chopped coriander adds in that gravy for flavor and aroma.
⇒ Now add slightly fried paneer. I use this for that recipe, if you don’t like omit it.
⇒ Add biryani masala in it, here I use the Everest brand, you can choose any brand. And some black pepper for more flavor.
⇒ Add some pinch of sugar. Cook for another 2-3 minutes. Combine all these very well and turn off the flame.
Now the last step, the layering of the best veg biryani recipe:
⇒ Take a small bowl, add some milk, and add a pinch of edible saffron food color in it and mix and set aside.
⇒ Separate the cooked rice into 3 parts first.
⇒ Now take a deep saucepan on a low flame, add some ghee with brash so that ghee covers all over the saucepan.
⇒ Take a portion of cooked fresh rice, spread it evenly with the back of a spoon.
⇒ Now put the vegetable gravy over the rice and spread this gently.
⇒ Add some fried brown onion over to it, add chopped coriander and mint leaves.
⇒ Again for the 2nd layer do that same process and the last portion of the rice spread occasionally over the veggies.
⇒ Now for the garnishing, add the rest of the fried onion, chopped coriander and mint leaves over the cooked rice by the spoon.
⇒ Add some ghee for more flavor, add kewra water and rose water, and saffron milk for the beautiful color and aroma.
⇒ Now cover the lid and cook on a slow flame for 25 to 30 minutes to dum cook the veg biryani in Hyderabadi restaurant style. When cooked slowly, the dishes slowly steamed cook in their juices and layered all the flavors to make the biryani.
⇒ Now the Veg Dum Biryani is ready to serve with ring onion and tomatoes or with raita. Open the lid and comes out a delightful flavor with the aroma of the biryani of vegetables. Serve hot and enjoy! 😛
If you like that recipe keep share with your circle and subscribe to my site so that the upcoming recipe will get you so easy.
More Ideas of recipe: Paneer Pakora with Corn Flour
Best Veg Biryani Recipe
- 2 tbsp Clarified Butter or Ghee
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- ½ cup Potato peeled and cubed
- ½ cup Cauliflower small florets (optional)
- ½ cup Green Peas blanched
- ½ cup French Beans thinly chopped
- ½ cup Carrot peeled and finely chopped
- ½ cup Corn (optional)
- ½ cup Cottage Cheese or Paneer (small cubed)
- 4 cup Water
- 2 tbsp Yogurt (beaten)
- 2 tsp Ginger-garlic Paste
- 3 nos. Green Chilli chopped
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ tsp Coriander Powder
- ½ tsp Hot Spice Powder (Garam Masala Powder)
- ⅓ tsp Black Pepper Powder
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds (for temper)
- 1 cup Onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves finely chopped
- ½ tbsp Biryani Masala
- ½ tsp Sugar
For the rice
- 2 cup Basmati Rice (long grain rice)
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 4 nos. Clove
- 5 nos. Cardamom
- 2 nos. Bay Leaves
- 1 inch Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Salt
- 4 tbsp Clarified Butter or Pure Ghee
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Mint leaves finely chopped
- 1 cup Saffron Milk (saffron soaked in milk)
- 2 tbsp Kewra Water
- ½ tbsp Rose Water
- ¼ cup Barista (golden fried onion)
- 15 grams Cashew Nuts fried
- 10 grams Raisin fried
For the vegetable gravy
- Heat oil in the non-stick pan or kadhai, add cumin seeds.
- When it makes crackers, add chopped onion, cook for 2 minutes, then add ginger garlic paste, add all dry ingredients in it and stir for 1 minute.
- Then add chopped tomatoes, add salt as required, sauté it for a few secs, now add all the vegetables, paneer, and mix well. Add beaten curd and chopped coriander and combine all these gently.
- Now add water to cook the veggies for 4 to 5 minutes under a medium flame, at last, add a pinch of sugar and salt if needed. Mix well and it is now ready for the next level, layer and decorate the dish.
For the rice
- First clean and wash the rice under the running water, soak it in enough water for half an hour or 1 hour.
- Heat the pan or non-stick pan, add water, cardamon, clove, bay leaves, cinnamon, salt, oil, rice. Mix well and cook for 10 minutes on medium flame, cover the lid and wait until cook the rice.
- When 80% done, remove the water from the cooked rice or chawal, or use a strainer and keep aside.
For Layering the Biryani
- Add ½ tbsp ghee to the sauce-pan over the low flame.
- Cooked rice has to be divided into 3 parts. Put a portion of rice spread over the ghee.
- Now spread the cooked gravy vegetable over the rice. Spread the fried brown onion, some coriander, and some mint leaves.
- Again the same process for the 2nd layer, rice then vegetable gravy, last the 3rd portion of cooked rice spread over it.
- Add fried onion and rest of mint leaves, spared some ghee, rose water, kewra water, and saffron milk. Cover the lid and cook on a slow flame for 25-30 minutes. Serve hot!
1. What is veg biryani?
A. The Vegetable Biryani is a flavorful simple dish that made in just 30 minutes, with basmati long grain rice, lots of veggies, spices, herbs, and paneer. Generally, Biryani is made from marinated meat with long basmati rice and spices, for vegetarian, this veg biryani is the best, simpler and made with lots of vegetables like peas, bell pepper, tomatoes, beans, etc and you don’t need to marinate anything.
2. What is the difference between veg biryani and Veg Pulao?
A. The biryani is always prepared in layers, with at least one layer applied to meat or vegetables and another layer for fried onions, coriander, or mint leaves. And for pulao, there is no level involved. the rice, veggies, or meat and spices mix together prepared for Pulao.
3. Who invented biryani?
A. Originally, biryani was invented during the Mughal Empire. It is believed that Mamtaz Mahal, Queen of the Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan inspired the dish in the 1600s.
4. Is veg biryani good for health?
A. This veggie biryani or veg biryani is usually made using fresh vegetables available in the market or shop. So you get more nutrition and it is so healthy and delicious. Biryani is my favorite food of all time both veg and meat. So for vegetarian veg biryani is the perfect meal for any time.