The Egg Devil is one of the easiest Indian appetizers or snacks Recipe, made with boiled egg, some potato mixture stuffed with some spices, also coated with masala, breadcrumbs, and thereafter deep fried till crispy. This Bengali ‘Dimer Devil or ডিমের ডেভিল‘ is so tasty and delicious party starter dish with onion slices, green chutney, tomato sauce, or can be enjoyed with a cup of tea or a glass of beer.
Hello, guys… Today I make some delicious and easy tasty dish or say like ‘chop or cutlet‘. This recipe is basically a Bengali Homemade recipe.
Guess what? What snack recipe am I trying to talk about???
In Bengal, this recipe called ‘Dimer Devil‘ – did you know that recipe?
This Dimer Devil or Dimer Chop or Egg Devil is one of the famous street food. Here ‘Dim’ means egg in Bengal. Where to make Egg Devil Recipe you have to wrap a boiled egg with spicy potato filling, roll them in bread crumbs and then deep fry them.
I remember that day, when I was a kid, every time I used to visit winter fair with my parents, I always wanted egg chops or dimer chop, rather than anything else, I was more focused on that Egg Devil. The Egg Devil Chop is such a tasty and crispy dish that I never forgot those days. This chop is available any kind of street food shop or in Bengali ‘tele bhaja’ shop.
Here you see how to make egg devil recipe at home in Indian Style. This easy egg devil /dimer devil is available in almost every street food stalls. But why buy every time from an outside street stall, let’s make this recipe dimer chop at home… why not?
Who are not live in Kolkata, they can easily prepare this dish so easily and quickly at their home. Bengali Style Dimer Chop Recipe is a modified version of deviled eggs, where you see how to cover the egg with potato stuffed and then deep in oil for fry till crispy, this chop is also served in many parties, get to gather and occasions purpose.
Let’s start the recipe –
Egg Devil Recipe
For Potato Mixture
- 3 pieces Potato boiled, peeled, and mashed
- 2 pieces Onion finely chopped
- 1½ tbsp Ginger-garlic Paste
- 2 tbsp Fresh Cilantro chopped
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves chopped
- ½ tbsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tbsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tbsp Kashmiri Red Chili Powder optional
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 2 pieces Dry Red Chili
- 1 tbsp Hot Spice Powder
- 1 tbsp Black Pepper Powder
- ½ inch Cinamon Stick
- 1 tbsp Tomato Ketchup optional if you don't use tomato
- 1 tbsp Chat Masala Powder optional
- 3 pieces Cloves
- 2 pieces Bay Leaves
- Salt as per requirement
- 2 tbsp Oil
For Egg Devil Coating
- 3 nos Egg hard-boiled
- 4 tbsp All-purpose Flour
- 3 tbsp Cornflour
- 2 nos Egg whisked
- ½ tbsp Black Pepper Powder
- 3 cup Breadcrumbs
- Salt as per taste
Make the Potato Mixture for Dimer Devil or Egg Devil
- To being making Bengali Style Dimer Chop Recipe, let’s prepare the potato mixture first. Take 2 or 3 medium size potatoes, clean well and peel the skin of potatoes.
- Now boil those potatoes in a pressure cooker, wait for 3 whistles and after 3 whistles take out potatoes in a bowl and mash it well by using your hand or a mixture. Make sure that there are no lumps in the mashed potatoes.
- In another side, boil eggs and peel it, set aside.
- All those ingredients are gathered together.
- Now heat a pan, add some oil, after hot the oil add some jeera seeds, bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon stick, and dry red chili, stir for few seconds.
- Add chopped onion in it and saute for few minutes, then add ginger garlic paste. Mix well and fry till become light golden in color. [ I use ginger garlic paste for that recipe, you can use chopped or grated ginger and garlic. ]
- Now add spices, add turmeric powder, jeera powder, coriander powder, and chopped green chili and mix well.
- Now add mashed potatoes in it, add salt and sugar. Fry the mixture for 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- After all, mix well add black pepper and garam masala for more flavor.
- Add chopped fresh coriander leaves and stir these potatoes very well.
- For tomato flavor or you can say delicious and tasty flavor, I use some tomato ketchup in it and mix. [If you don’t like skip that step.]
- Now turn off the heat and let the mixture completely cool down to room temperature.
For coating the Devil or Dimer Devil:
- All ingredients you need are gathered together. Take bread crumbs in one bowl, flour in another bowl and 2 egg separately whisk together and take this another plate or bowl.
- Now let see the potato mixture has been cool down or not. If this mixture cool, now you can start the process of coating.
- Cut the boiled eggs are in 2 parts, divide the potato mixture into 6 equal portions. Now cover the plane surface of the eggs with the potato mixture in the shape of a full egg. See the Images and make that way.
- Coat the ‘Egg Devil’ with flour. Then dip in the egg wash and then finally coat them in bread crumbs. If you feel that the ‘Devils’ are not coated well, then repeat the process with bread crumb.
- Now keep the bread crumb coated devils in an airtight container and keep inside the refrigerator overnight or at least 4 hours or minimum for 25-30 minutes.
- Now heat oil in a frying pan or a kadhai. After the oil is heated, add 1 or 2 coating devil in the oil, don’t add more in the oil.
- Fry these egg devil till golden brown and take them out of the oil and place on a paper towel.
- Serve hot… with some green chutney or tomato sauce ketchup and salad.
➣ Take all the ingredients (1 Egg lightly beaten, All-purpose flour 4 tablespoons, Cornflour 4 tablespoons, Crushed peppercorns 1/2 teaspoon, Baking soda 1/2 teaspoon, Salt 1/2 teaspoon) take in a bowl, and mix well, add little water, like 1 tablespoon at a time to make a smooth batter. ➣ The batter should be smooth but thick like pancake batter. So add water as much as you want to make the batter.
The combination of eggs and potatoes is very mouthwatering and the softness of the crispy eggs and potatoes and the crispiness of the breadcrumbs are very tasty, this Egg Devil, it just takes a few ingredients that are readily available in our kitchen and take less time to make. Sometimes this egg devil recipe makes with keema, this taste also a different kind of feeling that you can’t express, dimer devil with chicken keema or egg devil with mutton keema whatever you say, just awesome! If you still don’t try, make that recipe egg devil with keema.
More Delicious Recipes!
- Strawberry Mojito Pitcher Recipe
- Restaurant Style Chicken Murgh Makhani
- Cucumber Caprese Salad
- Veg Manchurian
- Rava Laddu without Coconut
- Badam Pista Lassi
- Chili Chicken
- Easy Minestrone Soup Recipe Olive Garden
- Mint Jelly Recipe
- Veg Biryani
If you like this Egg Devil Recipe, please share this with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Also, you can subscribe to my blog to get all the latest articles first on your mobile.
SHARING IS CARING!
FACEBOOK | TWITTER | PINTEREST
Did you like this recipe and make it later at home? SAVE this pin to your favorite board on Pinterest!