This Cheesy Keto Chicken and Broccoli Casserole Recipe are so healthy and delicious and easy to make at home within 30 minutes. Loaded with chicken, broccoli, broth, lots of cheese with some seasoning and make a nice flavor, is the perfect dinner for when you want some delicious comfort food with some fresh herbs.
I really love to cook casserole. Raise your hand if you grew up eating keto chicken and broccoli casserole recipe!
For those of you who like good throwback chicken casseroles nowadays, I have healthy keto version that I think you are going to like.
For more information just check out here.
This chicken with broccoli casserole recipe is so lighten-up, ultra-creamy-and-cheesy, comforting food for any time meal as well. The canned cream of mushroom soup or chicken soup is adding in the casserole to create an easy homemade creamy texture, made with chicken, broccoli, mushroom, and other few ingredients to ensure that this chicken cheesy broccoli casserole is everything for all, who want it very much!
Let’s make healthy easy low carb chicken and broccoli casserole recipe!
What you need ingredients for to make Healthy Chicken Broccoli Casserole Recipe?
All right Before getting the full recipe below, let’s talk about our ingredients list. Because I know you are so excited to cook the recipe. I’m also really hungry and want to taste that easy chicken and broccoli casserole recipe. Do you?
So to make this broccoli chicken casserole recipe you will need:
- Chicken: Boneless and skinless chicken are best for this recipe. Cut into small bite-sized pieces.
Or any cooked chicken you can use for that casserole.
- Broccoli: Use fresh broccoli or if you want to use frozen broccoli, then go ahead. I used for this recipe only the head broccoli part into small bite pieces.
- Cheese: Any kind of cheese you add for this chicken broccoli and cheese casserole recipe. Like cheddar cheese, mozzarella, parmesan, ricotta cheese for this recipe. I suggest, add some good quality sharp cheese for this recipe casserole.
- Broth: For this recipe, you can use chicken broth or vegetable broth or stock to thicken the dish and for creamy sauce staff.
- Milk: Use milk for more creamy casserole. I use any fat content milk that makes that recipe flavorful and creamy.
- Onion: Onion that creates a great texture and good flavor in the broccoli chicken casserole. I use a white onion for this recipe.
- For flavor and seasoning: Use butter or olive oil, garlic for flavor, salt, and pepper for taste.
HOW TO MAKE THIS KETO CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI CASSEROLE:
To make this broccoli chicken casserole recipe,
- Wash broccoli and chicken very well, cut the broccoli head onto small pieces.
- Take a pan with some oil or butter. Fry the onions until golden. Add garlic for flavor.
- Stir in some flour and let it cook for 1 minute (this will help to thicken the sauce).
- Then take another bowl, add in the chicken or vegetable stock, milk, cream sour, salt and pepper, and cook another 5 minutes. Stir in half of the shredded cheese, taste, and adjust any seasonings as needed.
- In a large 9 x 13-inch baking dish, take a chicken breast and broccoli, and pour the mixture and give everything a good toss, cooked broccoli, chicken — until combined.
- Bake. Bake uncovered for 15 minutes. Then remove the pan from the oven, sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese evenly on top of the casserole, and bake more 10 minutes for melting the cheese fully.
- Enjoy! Serve nice and warm!
What do you add extra ingredients in the Low carb chicken and broccoli casserole?
In this Cheesy chicken with broccoli casserole, there are some simple ingredients that make the dish so delicious and flavorful!
➹ For a different protein, you can use: Cooked sausage, pork, steak or shrimp will all be delicious in this container instead of chicken.
➹ For healthy thick use rice: to add rice in the casserole, the best for meals like lunch and dinner both. If you want to know check out the recipe below.
➹ Add pasta: To make classic chicken and broccoli casserole, use the pasta for better thicken dishes or as a better taste. This pasta chicken and broccoli casserole are best for those who love pasta. This pasta chicken with broccoli casserole recipe preparation is also given below.
➹ For cheesy melty taste use different kinds of cheese: If you don’t use cheddar cheese, this casserole would also be delicious with a mix of good-quality mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Or use another cheese whatever you like to add this healthy keto casserole.
➹ Adding fresh herbs: also a good flavor in the keto chicken and broccoli casserole recipe. Feel free to add in some fresh Italian herbs or dried herbs also add (such as parsley, basil, rosemary, or thyme) if desired.
➹ For vegetarian: Want to make a vegetarian version? You just omitting the chicken, and add all vegetables that you like in the casserole. Add broccoli, mushroom, potato, etc and the casserole was great on its own.
➹ Make it gluten-free: Use gluten-free pasta, then thicken the sauce with an all-purpose gluten-free flour blend. Or if you don’t use flour, you can stir a few tablespoons of gluten-free cornstarch into the cold milk before adding it to the sauce.)
Low-carb serving recipes with the Keto Chicken Broccoli Casserole Cream Cheese
Cheesy Keto Chicken and Broccoli Casserole Recipe
- 4 cup Broccoli head [cut into bite size]
- 500 grams Chicken breast
- 1 can Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (readymade)
- 1 piece Onion sliced
- 5 cloves Garlic minced
- 3 tbsp Flour
- 1 cup Chicken stock
- ½ cup Milk
- ½ cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- ½ tbsp Salt
- ¼ tbsp Black Pepper Powder
- ¼ cup Breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp Butter
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Add cream of chicken soup/stock or vegetable stock and milk, cheese, sour cream, and bread crumbs to the prepare bowl or dish. Whisk together until completely combined.
- To cook the chicken, take a pan or skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add olive oil or some butter into the pan or skillet. Add the onion and sauté for 3 minutes and stir continuously so that not to stick in the pan. Add garlic and sauté for 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the onions are golden brown, soft are cooked through.
- Sprinkle the flour evenly over the onion mixture and stir until combined. Cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Add in the stock stuffing mix, and stir everything together until most of the clumps are gone. Add salt and pepper as per your taste and combined well.
- Add the chicken and broccoli to an 8×8 baking dish, and pour the soup/milk mixture over the top. Toss until combined.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 450 degrees F and not need to cover anything over the baking sheet. Then remove the pan from the oven, sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese evenly on top of the casserole, and bake for 10 more minutes or until the cheese is nice and melty.
- Serve hot and for garnishing sprinkle some black pepper or dried herbs!
- Bread crumbs are optional, for this recipe I use this for better taste if you don’t want to omit this.
- For additional mushroom is also good for vegetables and creates a great taste in the chicken and broccoli casserole.
Can Use Frozen Broccoli for this Recipe?
Of Course. You can use frozen broccoli. But just be sure that you have to go by thaw process and pat it dry.
How to make Chicken and Broccoli Rice Casserole?
This creamy paleo chicken, broccoli, and rice casserole are packed with flavor and filling in the best way! It’s Whole30 compliant, keto, dairy-free and so healthy.
|Chicken and Broccoli Rice Casserole Recipe
2. Add chicken soup/stock or vegetable stock and water to the prepared dish or pan. Mix together until completely combined.
3. Pour uncooked white rice, uncooked chicken, and frozen broccoli and stir well. Add salt and pepper as per taste. Stir again.
4. Cover it tightly with foil and bake for 1 hour, or till the rice, chicken and broccoli are cooked and the stock is absorbed. After 1 hour, check the recipe and you see the rice is tender, soft, and the chicken, broccoli is cooked through.
Can I reheat the leftover chicken and broccoli casserole again?
Don’t worry about reheating. You can reheat individual servings in the microwave for 30 seconds. or until hot and bubbly. If you want to make this ahead, just saute the chicken and broccoli casserole in the oven at 350 degrees F until hot and bubbly.
If you want to make casserole first and then re-order the whole thing, you absolutely can!
And remember after reheating the dish in the microwave or over whatever you can, remove from freeze or refrigerate around 30 minutes.
How to make Chicken and Broccoli Pasta Cheesy Casserole?
This Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Pasta is a dish that is loaded with cheesy, rich flavor, packed with chicken and broccoli. Only 30 minutes you make this amazing healthy dish!
|Chicken and Broccoli Pasta Casserole
What ingredients did I use as a substitution for liquid?
Can I Store this easy keto and low carb chicken broccoli casserole in the freeze/refrigerator?
This dish can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 – 5 days. This casserole is a great meal to freeze and is best for if used within 3 months of freezing in the airtight container. But keep in mind that, before eating, you have to remove the dish from the freeze and reheat for a few minutes. Also, you can see the preparation here.
For better understand to make this recipe, I give you a video clip that inspiring me and I get this video from YouTube (Channel: My Keto Kitchen).
If you like this article about Keto chicken and broccoli, please share this with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Also, you can subscribe to my blog to get all the latest articles first on your mobile.
SHARING IS CARING!
Did you like this recipe and make it later at home? SAVE this pin to your favorite board on Pinterest!